Rear wiper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear wiper

Hi peeps, does anyone know where I can get a replacement wiper for the rear of my 1991 2.4 surf? I have tried milner and no luck...
    Keep it greasey so it'll go down easy...

Originally posted by Pika1971
    Hi peeps, does anyone know where I can get a replacement wiper for the rear of my 1991 2.4 surf? I have tried milner and no luck...
    What bit? the blade, arm, or motor?
    4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Halfords, look for arm/blade for 1988ish pick up. Its the same fitment as the rear on the Surf two screws holding it on
      Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
      My choice
      Back off

Comment

rear motor

Got mine direct form Toyota as g'tee etc. only £ 130 ish so not a bad buy as unable to trace one from anywhere else good luck mate......

Comment

wiper

Its the blade thats gone, but i tried putting a replacement blade it and its rubbish, rather just buy the arm with the blade...

Comment

Rear wiper

Got it sorted. Asked for wiper for a pre 88 hilux and bingo, was given a kit for attaching a conventional wiper to the 2 screw rear of the surf. Only problem was the wiper was a bit long so swapped it for a shorter version and bingo, works well and doesn't catch on the locator when turned off anymore... Cheers guys

Comment

Got it sorted. Asked for wiper for a pre 88 hilux and bingo, was given a kit for attaching a conventional wiper to the 2 screw rear of the surf. Only problem was the wiper was a bit long so swapped it for a shorter version and bingo, works well and doesn't catch on the locator when turned off anymore... Cheers guys
              Where did you get it from and how much?

cheers.
              Darren
              So many toys-So little cash

Comment

Rear wiper

I got it from our local car stuff shop, its called Roaduser in Evesham, but you can get them anywhere, what you want is a champion AK1 kit (its the bit with the 2 screw attachment) and either a x41 or x36 wiper blade, as you can imagine the x36 is shorter and fits better. All for under 10 squid. Bingo

Comment

I got it from our local car stuff shop, its called Roaduser in Evesham, but you can get them anywhere, what you want is a champion AK1 kit (its the bit with the 2 screw attachment) and either a x41 or x36 wiper blade, as you can imagine the x36 is shorter and fits better. All for under 10 squid. Bingo
                  a bit crude was the way i did it. i got a replacement wiper from my local motor store, stripped it and bent the little metal arms on my surf one added the new parts and job done. 5 minutes and £6 later working like new again.
                  i like it muddy!

Comment

Originally posted by it's Jim
                    a bit crude was the way i did it. i got a replacement wiper from my local motor store, stripped it and bent the little metal arms on my surf one added the new parts and job done. 5 minutes and £6 later working like new again.
                    I tried that a couple of months ago but the metal bracing things that fit to the rubber bent, and now it wont sit flat on the window. now it wont clear the whole window and leaves a line! Had a fiddle but got ****ed off with it! need to get a new one.
                    So many toys-So little cash

Comment

Working...
                    X