Headlights...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Headlights...

Can anyone tell me if there are any bulb upgrades for the surf headlights? Being that i live in the middle of nowhere now the lack of streetlights are not helping with the surf's standard headlight brightness.
    Kali

Have a read here.....

http://www.yotasurf.co.uk/forums/sho...4&page=1&pp=10

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
      NIce one

Comment

I found that simply a new set of "decent" bulbs can make a huge difference - I just use some "extra bright" ones from halfords and they were much better than the old ones that it came with.

Also on my old surf the glass in thew headlights was quite old/yellowish - when I had one smashed by a stone I got a replacement set from Milners and being new they were much clearer than the old set and a massive improvement. They are very cheap for the old-style 2nd gen headlights (not sure if you have these or the newer-style 2nd gen headlights)
        These are what I mean by the old-style lights:

and these are the new-style (which I think are much more expensive to replace):
        No longer a Surf owner.

Comment

Is that your surf the top one? I like that grill, did you go it yourself? Looks good

Comment

Originally posted by tigerbuc2004
            Is that your surf the top one? I like that grill, did you go it yourself? Looks good
            Yeah cool grille please tell how you got that style
            cheers
            Bobo

Comment

All info. here....http://www.showmesome.info/hilux/mylux/mods.htm

Comment

Originally posted by tigerbuc2004
                Yeah, the top one is my ex-surf that the head broke on the bottom one is my new one

as bushwhacker said, the details are on my site - reasonably easy to do if you can find the mesh stuff - car places do nice stainless steel mesh but usually very expensive.
                No longer a Surf owner.

Comment

Working...
                X