Check Engine Warning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Check Engine Warning

Hi all, just got myself a 1993 2 door (3 if you count the tailgate) 2.4ltr Surf so of course I've been reading through all the messages on this site. (which is excellent by the way)

My new toy seems to be fine, picked it up on saturday and drove 150 miles home up the M1, didn't miss a beat......and it didn't overheat.....but being new of course I've got a question. I've been reading about the check engine light and looking at the diagram on here for the dash layout I see that there is a warning light at the bottom below the speedo. As I didn't get the light coming on when I turned on the ignition I pulled out the dash and I found that there was no bulb (panick time....why has it been removed)

I do have an engine light on the rev counter which goes off when I start the engine, is this the same as the other one?

In my hurry to get it back together to go for a drive I forgot to put a bulb in the lower warning light to see if it worked, I don't really want to strip it out again if i don't have to.

Cheers Graham
    Attached Files
    [COLOR=DarkOrange]If It Wasn't For Bad Luck.......
Working...
X