Back to the Veg question...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back to the Veg question...

Has anyone seen/noticed any long term damage when running veg oil...?
    Cheers
    Daza.

Originally posted by Kalimantan
    Has anyone seen/noticed any long term damage when running veg oil...?
    Cheers
    Daza.
    Not so far - been running it for 12 months now.
    Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Linda
      Not so far - been running it for 12 months now.
      Nearly 2 1/2 years now, no problems whatsoever
      Maurice
      Hilux Surf FAQ at www.hiluxsurf.eu

Comment

Some people running veg on Pajeros have had problems:
        http://www.pocuk.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=34179
        Landcruiser Colorado
        Sub. Forester

Comment

Originally posted by andycook
          Some people running veg on Pajeros have had problems:
          http://www.pocuk.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=34179
          Which is precisely why you should always do your research before experimenting with different fuels. I see in one of the posts on that thread that Lucas were having a look at the fuel pump, if the pajeros are indeed fitted with a Lucas type pump then a bit of research would have shown that veg-oil was definatly not advisable.
          Thankfully the Surf uses a pump of Bosch design which has proven itself far more capable of handling veg-oil than the Lucas/CAV, Rotodiesel and many other designs/makes.
          Maurice
          Hilux Surf FAQ at www.hiluxsurf.eu

Comment

Originally posted by Morr
            Which is precisely why you should always do your research before experimenting with different fuels. I see in one of the posts on that thread that Lucas were having a look at the fuel pump, if the pajeros are indeed fitted with a Lucas type pump then a bit of research would have shown that veg-oil was definatly not advisable.
            Thankfully the Surf uses a pump of Bosch design which has proven itself far more capable of handling veg-oil than the Lucas/CAV, Rotodiesel and many other designs/makes.
            I'll second that - there's a sticky thread that specifies that the lucas type pump s no good and the bosch (or bosch like) one is - Not heard of anyone having problems before and i've been researching for about a week now (my boss would kill me if only they knew!)... Isn't going to put mee off trying... just bought a sh1* load of veg oil anyway... if i don't put it in the truck I'll be eating chips for the next 10 years!

Paranoid? They're out to GET YOU!

Comment

Just put 12 ltrs in earlier today - 1st lot of vegoil for me - all good so far, nice smell, quieter engine tone etc. Only wish I'd done it sooner.
              You aint seen me, right

Comment

Three weeks of natures finest and still no problems!

Cant comment on the noise levels as all I can hear is my noisy tappets!
                I NEED TO OFFROAD!

Comment

Working...
                X