Veg Oil/MOT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Veg Oil/MOT

Hi all, just a quick question regarding using veg oil when getting an MOT. Im running a 50/50 mix with no problems. Will it effect the ommission reading on an MOT? And will any proof of fuel tax payment be required? I know i could just run straight diesel for the test but i was just wondering if anyone knew...
    Daza.

Originally posted by Kalimantan
    Hi all, just a quick question regarding using veg oil when getting an MOT. Im running a 50/50 mix with no problems. Will it effect the ommission reading on an MOT? And will any proof of fuel tax payment be required? I know i could just run straight diesel for the test but i was just wondering if anyone knew...
    Daza.
    Should make emmisions lower, and they are not concerned with Tax. Mine was MOT'd with about 80% veg and the only comment was about how low the emmisions were with veg!!
    Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

veg oil

Originally posted by Linda
      Should make emmisions lower, and they are not concerned with Tax. Mine was MOT'd with about 80% veg and the only comment was about how low the emmisions were with veg!!
      Hello ,Just wanted to know if you done any mods to run on veg oil ,or not,Just got my surf two months ago and ive been using just a little up to now

Comment

When I took mine for the MOT with 80% vegoil they thought the analyser was broken!!!
        It's only a hobby!

Comment

50 50 mix - they never even mentioned it!
          Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Kirk
            Hello ,Just wanted to know if you done any mods to run on veg oil ,or not,Just got my surf two months ago and ive been using just a little up to now
            To date only fitted a heated fuel cat before the fuel pump (heats the fuel before the pump making it thinner, and giving me about 50 miles extra per tank (veg or deisel), but will be fitting a 2nd tank with switches etc before the winter so I can start/stop on diesel and run the rest of the time on veg or bio.
            Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Linda
              To date only fitted a heated fuel cat before the fuel pump (heats the fuel before the pump making it thinner, and giving me about 50 miles extra per tank (veg or deisel), but will be fitting a 2nd tank with switches etc before the winter so I can start/stop on diesel and run the rest of the time on veg or bio.
              What kinda heated fuel cat do you have and was it easy to fit...?

Comment

Originally posted by Kalimantan
                What kinda heated fuel cat do you have and was it easy to fit...?
                The one from Fuel Cat (Philip on here is the guy who owns Fuel Cat, and we order and fit them for him if you dont want to do it your self) It was easy to fit - just need some hose and T pieces.

http://www.fuelcat.co.uk/
                Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

Linda/Tony - did you fit the fuel cat before or after the fuel filter ?
                  Landcruiser Colorado
                  Sub. Forester

Comment

veg oil

you are suposed to ad 5% white spirit to your veg oil to make it as thin as diesel

Comment

Originally posted by phil7230
                      you are suposed to ad 5% white spirit to your veg oil to make it as thin as diesel
                      No, you're not - the dearly-beloved Customs & Excise will take great exception to that, as you won't have paid any duty on it! Unleaded petrol, on the other hand, has already had duty paid on it, so they can't bitch about it...
                      Peter

I am not a number. I am a FREE MAN!

Comment

You mean WON'T bitch about it!

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
                          You mean WON'T bitch about it!
                          Possibly
                          Peter

I am not a number. I am a FREE MAN!

Comment

Working...