Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yellow driving lamps

hi all,
    i have a pair of 'bosch' driving lamps which are wired to the main beam fitted. the lenses on the lamps are yellow and sealed to the reflector, what i would like to know is if there is any way i can remove the yellow coating to make the lenses clear? (i'm presumeing that it is a coating and not coloured glass!)
    also they have 35 watt bulbs fitted, could i uprate these for something more powerfull without having to fit relays ect?

cheers!!
    andy

Originally posted by andrewcrofts
    hi all,
    i have a pair of 'bosch' driving lamps which are wired to the main beam fitted. the lenses on the lamps are yellow and sealed to the reflector, what i would like to know is if there is any way i can remove the yellow coating to make the lenses clear? (i'm presumeing that it is a coating and not coloured glass!)
    also they have 35 watt bulbs fitted, could i uprate these for something more powerfull without having to fit relays ect?

cheers!!
    andy

I may be wrong but I believe they are coloured lenses. Not sure about your wiring installed but generally you can go upto 55w for normal driving if your wiring will take it.
    Last edited by Gizmo; 27 September 2005, 23:00.
    Gaz

Comment

the std toyota wiring is pretty thin... it may be worth while just running a secondary wire alongside the one already there, just to save any volt drop and excess heat in the std stuff.
      nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

you could always try clear spray paint... it does exactly what it says on the tin
        TeaM BOFA4x4 Mac 2008

www.bofa4x4.com

Comment

Originally posted by andrewlee31
          you could always try clear spray paint... it does exactly what it says on the tin

normally coloured glass and I thought yellow was fogs not driving lamps
          Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
          My choice
          Back off

Comment

Originally posted by andrewcrofts
            hi all,

cheers!!
            andy
            As Koi said, they are Fogs - generally Fogs have textured glass and driving lamps plain glass. Also they are standard H3 bulbs so just stick a pair of 55w ones in.

Comment

Working...
            X