greasing nipples

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• greasing nipples

I want to grease the drivetrain before it gets too cold and wintery, so I've got a grease gun but I'm not sure if I need any special sort of grease? Can anyone tell me what sort I need please?

I'm just going to follow the grease point list on the sunvisor inlay card - is that good enough or should I do anything else also?

Finally, I would like to change the oil before winter - what's the oil capacity on a 2.4td? The entire area where I live is on a slope, so would facing up or downhill be better for draining the vehicle?

thanks very much
    James
    Last edited by JimSuperSix; 24 September 2005, 12:16.

Nah, the card shows all the gease points. You want any Lithium based grease. Technically it should have NLGI No.2 on it somewhere, but any wheel beasing spec grease will be OK.
    4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
      Nah, the card shows all the gease points. You want any Lithium based grease. Technically it should have NLGI No.2 on it somewhere, but any wheel beasing spec grease will be OK.
      Thanks Tony - do you know the oil capacity on a 2.4?

Comment

Originally posted by JimSuperSix
        Thanks Tony - do you know the oil capacity on a 2.4?
        Its in the General Servicing sticky post, about 6.5 liters I think, but go by the dipstick levels rather than just putting in a set amount.

http://www.yotasurf.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=62

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Working...
        X