Belts ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Belts ?

Hi all , i have just got new belts for the old girl (fan x2, pas, and air con) now call me stupid if you like,(form an orderly queue please!) but i cannot see how to release tension off of the belts ? any tips/photos would be fantastic. She is a 93 2.4 LN130 Thanks-NOSHER

Originally posted by nosher
    Hi all , i have just got new belts for the old girl (fan x2, pas, and air con) now call me stupid if you like,(form an orderly queue please!) but i cannot see how to release tension off of the belts ? any tips/photos would be fantastic. She is a 93 2.4 LN130 Thanks-NOSHER

you will need to slacken the alternator tensioner and air con. You'll probably find it easier to remove the air con by taking the 4 bolts out.... it should then just bend out of place without taking the rubber pipes off.... note if you take the blaack rubber pipes out you will need to get your air con re-gassed...

If you stand at the front of the truck the air con is on the left side of the enging bay and the alternator is just below...

Finally again if your standing directly in front of the truck look behind the radiator on the left and you will find 1 more cog or pulley or whatever its called... just slacken off the middle nut and that should be it.... 1 mistake i made though is getting the pulley straight again when putting it all back together... meant a lot of faffing around!!!! -- Sorry have no photo's but if you look at this site there mnay be something on it that'll help

www.showmesome.info/hilux

GOOD LUCK!!!
    Paranoid? They're out to GET YOU!

Comment

You do not need to remove the air con to do the belts.Have a look here - http://www.toyotasurf.asn.au/techsite/drivebelts.htm - and if there's anything you don't understand then just ask.It's not a comprehensive "how to" but the pics will help.

Neville

Comment

Whatever you do dont disconnect any pipes from the aircon or its gonna cost you.
        (\__/)
        (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
        (")_(")

Comment

Could Cost You Your Eyesight Yes!!!
          DONT RUN WIV BIG DOGS IF U CANT PI** UP TALL TREES

Comment

Working...
          X