Any Ideas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any Ideas?

Not really a major problem but i will just explain the symptoms and see if anyone recognises a problem.
    I have a fully reconditioned 2.4 engine and new turbo fitted in my Surf by Stevo 6 months ago.
    It runs absolutely fantastic. Smooth,economical (better than before anyway),quiet.I have run it in carefully and changed the oil as per the instructions.It just passed the MOT last week first time and emissions were very low.
    But in the last week i have noticed a slight rattling noise coming from the bottom of the engine,it's almost like a mixture of rattling and jingling.
    It has never done this before and does not do it from cold, only when the engine is warm.It's not very loud either, it's just that it's never done it before,that's why i noticed it when it started.
    My engine has the viscous fan adjusted so it comes on early,i also have fresh coolant in and a temp sticker on the engine which Stevo fitted and which has never indicated the engine getting too hot.It's running good quality oil, has done 5K kms since the engine was fitted and is never thrashed.It still runs perfectly.
    Just wondered if anyone else has had this noise?

Paul.
    French fishing at it's best www.mayennefishing.com

Paul check the metal plate on the drivers side inner wheelarch. The one with the oil filter hidden behind as my bolts were loose so mine rattled It took me a while to find the cause of this rattle
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
    (")_(")

Comment

I will do mate,thanks.
      That is exactly where the rattle is coming from.

Comment

STEPH hides her jewelry behind there sometimes
        (\__/)
        (")_(")

Comment

Lol. :d

Comment

WYPD blues
            (\__/)
            (")_(")

Comment

just been out to check mine and found the plate is loose any ideas on how many bolts there are meant to be holding the plate in place there are 2 on mine and still rattles like a rattly thing
              https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

4 HOLES so there must be 4 Bolts ive only got 2 EDITED as it was dark
                Last edited by marky; 19 September 2005, 18:54.
                (\__/)
                (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by marky
                  5 HOLES so there must be 5 Bolts ive only got 2
                  think i'll make sure the 2 are tight and put some silicon under the plate 1st to help stop it rattling
                  https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Checked mine tonight and it's not loose.

Stil rattling though.

Comment

Another thing worth checking on the subject of odd rattles is the sump/bash plate. I'd lost one bolt from mine and it took a few minutes to trace the cause of the rattle. Give it a kick- if it rattles tighten up the bolts!

Comment

check your side steps

mine rattle on certain types of road surface cos 1 of the screws wont tighten all the way.
                        ex Burgundy 2.4 owner

Comment

Thanks guys......sorted that one and now me back window has packed up!

Comment

Working...
                          X