Thinking of buying a 2.4 dt surf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thinking of buying a 2.4 dt surf

hi, im thinking of buying a 2.4dt surf, anything i need to look for, its "H" reg,
    also what sort of mpg do you get from these massive beasts?

See im used to a vauxhall frontera but the engine has just died, and i got about 90miles to a tenner of diesel, i dont drive hard so that prob helps..

but i can imagine the hilux doing a lot less..

T I A

Howdy and welcome aboard.
    Here is some model information to get you started.
    http://www.jicconline.co.uk/toyota_h...nformation.htm

Comment

Thanx Vince
      also it doesnt mention it on the above site, are they permanent 4wd?, still not sure about MPG im no good at the litre thing..

Comment

Originally posted by Darkside
        Thanx Vince
        also it doesnt mention it on the above site, are they permanent 4wd?, still not sure about MPG im no good at the litre thing..
        They're selectable 4wd...and because there is no centre-diff, they should be driven in 2wd on hard/grippy surfaces to avoid damage to the transmission.

you'll be looking at 23-27mpg (ish) depending on how you drive it at any given point.

Re: that site...I noticed last time i saw it, the info is useful...but I think a rousing game of "what car do the performance figures relate to?" would be in order... :
        The right to bear arms...only slightly more ridicu

Comment

Re: that site...I noticed last time i saw it, the info is useful...but I think a rousing game of "what car do the performance figures relate to?" would be in order... :

> aye - 0-100 km/hr in 8.8 seconds!
          Landcruiser Colorado
          Sub. Forester

Comment

Thanx for ur reply's, the 4wd thing is the same as the frontera then so im used to that, looking at the specs in my frontera haynes manual, and the specs on "that site" the surf dont sound much bigger than the fronera, some of it must be wrong, the only thing that is bigger going by the dimensions in my haynes manual and the dimensions on "that site" is the length of the surf! ..
            Though actually seeing them pass on the road they look bigger in everyway..

Im just looking at the min, thou i love the shape of the surf, i am looking at troopers / montereys too just because of the 7 seats, does anyone know what the insurance group is on the surf, its 10 on the frontera / isuzu

Comment

and i got about 90miles to a tenner of diesel
              40 mpg? Buy another!

Comment

[QUOTE]
                http://www.jicconline.co.uk/toyota_h...nformation.htm [/QUOTE

This link crops up occasionally, but unfortunately contains a lot of incorrect information,

eg it thinks the 2nd Gen started in 1985,
                it claims the following features as standard
                2nd Gen
                Toyota AM/FM/Cassette 4 speaker premium sound system
                Rear heater
                15" alloy wheels
                Automatic free-wheeling hubs
                4 channel ABS
                Variable intermittent front windshield wipers with mist cycle

3nd Gen
                Toyota AM/FM/Cassette 7 speaker 240Watt premium sound system
                Climate control with automatic air circulation
                Rear spoiler with rear under-mirror

None of these items listed above are STANDARD fitments across the range.

It also amazingly claims identical performance figures for all models be they petrol or diesel!
                Tyre sizes listed are not correct, it goes on..

Still, on the last line of the page it does say
                "* The above information is given in good faith, and is not guaranteed to be accurate "

Its generally so inaccurate I reckon its best avoided.
                Last edited by Morr; 12 September 2005, 08:40.
                Maurice
                Hilux Surf FAQ at www.hiluxsurf.eu

Comment

Surf Mpg

hi, im thinking of buying a 2.4dt surf, anything i need to look for, its "H" reg,
                  also what sort of mpg do you get from these massive beasts?

See im used to a vauxhall frontera but the engine has just died, and i got about 90miles to a tenner of diesel, i dont drive hard so that prob helps..

but i can imagine the hilux doing a lot less..

T I A
                  I drive mine quite hard and it returns around 25/26 round town and 30 ish on a run its done about 60k if that helps
                  it's a blue 2.4 litre diesel monster

Comment

Working...
                  X