help required!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help required!

Can anyone out there help me, I've waited for years to buy a surf and finally bought one this feb. Unfortunately I've been ripped off BIG time, I bought it from a garage that didn't really sell cars only servicing and MOTs, the guy sold it for one of his regular customers as a "favour".It was supposed to have been fully serviced and a new MOT when i bought it(i have since found out the oil hasn't been changed for a v.v. long time)but i'd only had it seven weeks when the oil pump went and further investigations basically showed the engine was f**ked!The garage doesn't want to know and there wasn't any warranty/guarantee on the vehicle so i'm now looking for a new engine and i'm drawing a blank or am being quoted silly prices. Does anyone know where I can get one from?All help gratefully received!It's a SSRx 2.4 1993(K)
    Cheers.

On the main website under useful sites you will find

http://www.yotasurf.co.uk/members_pa...evo/index.html
    Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
    My choice
    Back off

Comment

help required

Originally posted by Koi
      On the main website under useful sites you will find

http://www.yotasurf.co.uk/members_pa...evo/index.html
      The garage you bought it from must have made a commission on it. They should have checked it to some extent and should have some responsibility. It might jog their conscience if you could park it nearby with a note on the inside of the windscreen explaining what has happened.

Comment

i thought if you bought from a garage it had a 3 month warranty no matter what.
        nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

i thing slugs right they have a legal obligation for three months... no such thing now as sold as seen you got certain rights maybe a letter to them atelling them your going to trading standards and local newspaper might help... also if theres anything wrong with mot test telling them your going to vosa with a complaint about it might get there ass in gear.... good luck
          DONT RUN WIV BIG DOGS IF U CANT PI** UP TALL TREES

Comment

Originally posted by da SLUG man
            i thought if you bought from a garage it had a 3 month warranty no matter what.
            Yep, legally required to provide a mimium of 3 months waranty.

Should be named and shamed!!
            Constantly Striving to Attain Lower Standards

Comment

Originally posted by TheWolfCub

yep 3mth warranty, but he bought it in feb. 6mth ago!!!

ship

Comment

Help

HI the garage say they where selling it for a good customer, so if and a "BIG IF" it was not theres they do not have to give any warranty, the thing is proving who owned the vehicle at the time of sale. PLUS if you bought the vehicle in Febuary which is 7months ago are you just complaining now.
                Live Life To The Full

Comment

Originally posted by TheWolfCub

Is this true!!? I have just bought a second hand peugeot as a runabout for the wife off a dealer and was told "no warranty as it's ancient" as it now needs a bit of work can I go back?

What is the legal requirement - I can't find any reference to it on law sites etc is it parts and labour, labour or what? The dealer I bought off is not a garage, justa a car dealer so I wouldn't have thought he could offer anything other than an insurance based warranty which he didn't.

all i could find was this: http://www.theanswerbank.co.uk/Motor...ion131707.html
                  which seems to say it's not a requirement

Comment

no warranty as it's ancient" In other words sold as seen. I doubt you'll be able to claim against them on this one
                    (\__/)
                    (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
                    (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by marky
                      no warranty as it's ancient" In other words sold as seen. I doubt you'll be able to claim against them on this one

as Marky says if sold as seen, little chance, but i think the dealer may have meant no 6/12mth parts @ labour warranty, and if the car was taxed and tested i would think that it would be covered by the 3mth trading standards warranty and have to be fit for the purpose for which it is was sold, or summat like that , try ringing local trading standards or CAB and good luck.

ship

Comment

Ripped off...

Hi

the crnk went in my 92 2.4 td, got areplacement used engine form a company called Nippon Spares in Derbyshire for £850 incl carriage, guy was really helpful and so far all is good. Give em a try. 01332 293399.

All the best
                        Bigfoot

Comment

Working...
                        X