Auto Box Problem??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Auto Box Problem??

Hi I Have A Prob With My 2.4 Td Efi 91 Surf... Occasionaly After Going On A Little Run About 30 Miles Sometimes I Will Totally Lose First Gear It Doesnt Matter If I Select L Or 2 Or D When It Comes To A Stop You Put Your Foot To The Floor And It Crawls Very Very Slowly... Once The Revs Get Up Its Fine And Shifts Gear Superbly...the Engine Is Not Missing Or Lumpy And Like I Said It Only Does It Now And Then. Auto Fluid Lvl Is Fine And Clear / Unburnt.. Any Help Or Ideas Guys/gals Cheers
    DONT RUN WIV BIG DOGS IF U CANT PI** UP TALL TREES

No low gears

My Hilux surf suffers from the same problem. I'm not sure if its heat related because I was suffering with the lack of power on every journey but when I had my rad repaired it seemed much better. Still if anyone knows why we cant get up hills or pull away from junctions sometimes I would love to know. My wife was trying to pull out into a busy road the other day and the hilux was so slow I thought we were going to be side slammed! Its such a shame because when the first and second gears select as they should, the car is quite pokey. Please if anyone has any experience with this problem could you point us in the right dirrection?
    Thanks.

Comment

Working...
    X