Oil leak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil leak

Any ideas whats causing this? Im losing engine oil not gearbox oil.
    Is there some kind of gasket that looks loose? Im not sure what im looking for - all I know is im leaving a puddle of oil everywhere I stop and the car is undersealing itself!
    Cheers
    Attached Files
    Tim
    Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Could be rear of rocker cover and leaking down or rear of sump.If not then maybe Rear Main Seal.That will be expensive.Seal is around $65 labor will be painfull.

Neville

Comment

Cheers, I hope not in that case!
      Had the rocker off and resealed and put a new plug on recently so I dont think its that. Its just so hard to see anything in there!
      Where am I looking?
      Tim

Comment

The Rear Main Seal is the seal for rear of Crankshaft.That means a gearbox out job to fix.Here's a tip.Spend the extra on the rest of the seals like the gearbox input shaft, front and rear transfer case seals etc etc and do them all at once.I had this done to mine when the new cluch was installed.Cost about $100 for all the other seals.

Neville

Comment

Ive been out to have another look and it looks like its right up the back of the sump somewhere? The oil when it drips is across the middle where the botls are in the second pic.
          Ill ask the guys when we go offroading on Monday what they think... RICK!?!?

Ill just keep her topped up till I can get it done and maybe share the driving to Wales next weekend and leave the Surf to get sorted.
          Tim

Comment

Working...
          X