Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• air con regassing

Hi all
    Thanks for information so far regarding the head gasket failure, I wish I was near to stevo then I'd get a proper job thanks for his number and the 4x4 web details If my garage don't come up with the goods maybe I will be cheaper sending it down south.

While I sit out the days and nights waiting for news on the progress I thought it would be worth trying to iron out one or 2 niggles I found on the way home these arn't essential but maybe can be fixed reasonably easily.

1 On full lock either way surf drive train clunks when turning in tight spaces.

2 Air con doesn't work to quote my ebay seller" it just needs regassed cock."

3 The cd player skips on every bump can we get replacement radio cd tape units by way of exchange.

Cheers
    www.brydenenterprises.co.uk www.kirstyskids.org

Hi

Had my A/C regassed back in April with the newer R134, as my system appered to be in reasonable working condition, i.e. still held a gas charge, no visible damage to the hoses, It was recharged and has been working fine, the guy who did it, could only give an 80% chance of success and no guarentee.
    The only items that had to be changed were the charge valves on the compressor, and the condensor which is mounted behind the grill, this all cost £180.00, future regassing should only be £60.00.

Re: the grinding noise on full steering lock, there are 4 steering stop's, 2 per wheel, these should have plastic cap's, the cap's just wear, you can buy new ones, or just slap some greese on them.

Through the original Japanese head unit away, you can buy cheaper and better ones these days, but they will be single DIN units,they do fit, they actually bolt into place, also stops the light fingered one's having it away.
    To fill the gap that will be left, I fitted a dash mounted CD/MP3 and DVD player.

Crashbang001

Comment

Originally posted by crashbang001
      Hi

Had my A/C regassed back in April with the newer R134, as my system appered to be in reasonable working condition, i.e. still held a gas charge, no visible damage to the hoses, It was recharged and has been working fine, the guy who did it, could only give an 80% chance of success and no guarentee.
      The only items that had to be changed were the charge valves on the compressor, and the condensor which is mounted behind the grill, this all cost £180.00, future regassing should only be £60.00.

Re: the grinding noise on full steering lock, there are 4 steering stop's, 2 per wheel, these should have plastic cap's, the cap's just wear, you can buy new ones, or just slap some greese on them.

Through the original Japanese head unit away, you can buy cheaper and better ones these days, but they will be single DIN units,they do fit, they actually bolt into place, also stops the light fingered one's having it away.
      To fill the gap that will be left, I fitted a dash mounted CD/MP3 and DVD player.

Crashbang001

Thanks for your response I will probably have to go to a car radio shop like Halfords of similar next time I am on holiday as there are few places like those up here. I could buy a cd/casette/mp3 system over the internet but I think I'd be more confident getting it installed by Who ever supplies it. Otherwise I may have something that looks like a dogit and bodgit home grown special that keeps poping fuses or worse goes on fire. Wiring and I don't go hand in hand. Thanks for the tips on other matters I shall go down the route of regassing the air con next time I am down south.I had the Surf repaired by Stevo and it's going really well. At 50mph I get about 35 to gallon if I drive at anything over that It's really poor but I expected that If I want to go fast I'll use the bike. Cheers
      www.brydenenterprises.co.uk www.kirstyskids.org

Comment

Working...
      X