Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new rad but now heater does not blow hot

Hi'
    my mate hae got a n reg hilux surf 2.4td jap import singlecab pick-up.
    he recenlty had a crunch in it and needed a new rad. since it was fitted the heater does not get hot, just a little bit warm.
    being a bit of a thicko he asked me, but i,m just as thick.
    Thanks fella's

Alan
    Mr. Fish
    Very annoyed about some little S**t Keying my Surf.

hi has the cooling system got any air locks.have the blower on hot and full blast while filling the coolant with the motor running
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by alanfish27
      Hi'
      my mate hae got a n reg hilux surf 2.4td jap import singlecab pick-up.
      he recenlty had a crunch in it and needed a new rad. since it was fitted the heater does not get hot, just a little bit warm.
      being a bit of a thicko he asked me, but i,m just as thick.
      Thanks fella's

Alan
      When the rad and system is refilled, the heater controls must be set to hot or they can airlock, producing the symptoms you describe. Have a search here on the forum, look for "burping" the cooling system.
      Maurice
      Hilux Surf FAQ at www.hiluxsurf.eu

Comment

He's probably got an airlock. Make sure heater control is in open/hot position, then with engine cold, remove rad cap and start engine and allow to tick over. Watch the water level, which should drop slightly as water is moved around the heater circuit and forces air out. Run for about 5 mins until water starts to heat and then stop engine, allow to cool and top up radiator to base of rad cap filler neck with appropriate coolant. Refit cap and try out. NB: Never take off the rads cap with the engine hot, unless you want a trip to Casualty!!
        Mike G

Comment

Thanks for your help. Problem sorted.
          Mr. Fish
          Very annoyed about some little S**t Keying my Surf.

Comment

Working...
          X