Knocking hub

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Knocking hub

Morning all, once again i seek advice. Went off-roading yesterday in the new Surf and found she performed very well, great fun was had. However when i turned the wheel to full lock in 4wd i could hear a knocking noise coming from the off-side hub area, when out of 4wd no noise, any ideas?
    Daza.

Hi,

With full lock it sounds like your bump stops - if you search for bump stops you will find the cure.

Trev
    Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Originally posted by UDTrev
      Hi,

With full lock it sounds like your bump stops - if you search for bump stops you will find the cure.

Trev
      Thanks for the advice Trev i will give it a go, can you tell me how this helps though? Being new to all this i cant see how greasing them would stop it knocking?

Comment

they grind against each other and you get a metal on metal sound...

but yours sounds more like a broken CV joint
        nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Originally posted by Kalimantan
          Thanks for the advice Trev i will give it a go, can you tell me how this helps though? Being new to all this i cant see how greasing them would stop it knocking?
          Not sure how it works, but it sure does - think the majority of the racket is caused by friction between the bump stop and the steering preventing the surfaces from sliding across each other.

Trev
          Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Working...
          X