Turbo light gone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turbo light gone

Hi all, Just noticed today that the turbo light is not coing on anymore and going uphill with the foot flat doesn't make any difference to my speed. Can't hear the turbo anymore either. Can anyone give me any advice of what to check where the problem might be and how to fix it!

Thanks in advance

Pip H

Check all the Vacuum pipes are connected also ensure none are split
    Attached Files
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
    (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by marky
      Check all the Vacuum pipes are connected also ensure none are split

Will do. I take it the red bit on the pic is the vacuum pipe?

Thanks

Comment

Check all pipes in the pic
        (\__/)
        (")_(")

Comment

same problem,almost

hi,i have a 2.4 ln130 surf k reg, a wire detatched itaself and shorted out,so had it repaired at local garage get it back and no turbo,also they forgot to replug the temp guage back in,£300 it cost,so no turbo any ideas?
          it was fine before.
          also best way to change the fan belt?
          any info greatly appreciated,
          thx,keep up the good work...
          again does anyone know of any mechanics or garages that do work on these vehicles?
          Last edited by page; 31 July 2005, 19:10.

Comment

If the TURBO worked before it went in the garage its upto them to sort it out
            (\__/)
            (")_(")

Comment

no turbo

Originally posted by marky
              If the TURBO worked before it went in the garage its upto them to sort it out
              i agree yes but unfortunately they blinded me with science and said it had gone into limp home mode,i then found out it would have gone back automatically so no further forward.
              help...

Comment

Originally posted by page
                i agree yes but unfortunately they blinded me with science and said it had gone into limp home mode,i then found out it would have gone back automatically so no further forward.
                help...
                Try disconnecting your battery/s for about half an hour so the ECU resets itself.
                Turbo light is worked by the sensor thats bolted to the side of the air filter box, the hose runs from this, to a clip on the intake elbow, where a little filter is clipped there, then it goes down under the intake elbow and plugs on a fitting in the intake manifold. (quote from TonyN)
                Last edited by BUSHWHACKER; 31 July 2005, 20:11.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
                  Try disconnecting your battery/s for about half an hour so the ECU resets itself.
                  Turbo light is worked by the sensor thats bolted to the side of the air filter box, the hose runs from this, to a clip on the intake elbow, where a little filter is clipped there, then it goes down under the intake elbow and plugs on a fitting in the intake manifold. (quote from TonyN)
                  i tried that previously but to no avail,thanks for your ideas though.anything else to try?

Comment

Have you or anybody done the EGR mod on your truck?

http://www.yotasurf.co.uk/forums/att...achmentid=2565

Comment

no sorry,whats that?

Comment

The modification is as in the pic, you disconnect the rubber pipe from the EGR valve and just block off the end. It reduces the exhaust smoke and gives a little more power, well it does on mine anyway!

p.s. you say you have no turbo, can you hear it whistle when you rev the engine, and does your green turbo light come on?
                        If not, remove the rubber elbow on the front of the turbo, it's only two jubilie clips, and see if you can spin the impeller with your finger. there maybe something making it stick that got "sucked in"
                        See link, for picture showing turbo impeller.

http://www.turbotechnics.com/

Comment

the bits on my engine look different to that

Comment

The modification is as in the pic, you disconnect the rubber pipe from the EGR valve and just block off the end. It reduces the exhaust smoke and gives a little more power, well it does on mine anyway!

p.s. you say you have no turbo, can you hear it whistle when you rev the engine, and does your green turbo light come on?
                            If not, remove the rubber elbow on the front of the turbo, it's only two jubilie clips, and see if you can spin the impeller with your finger. there maybe something making it stick that got "sucked in"
                            See link, for picture showing turbo impeller.

http://www.turbotechnics.com/
                            i've removed the hose/elbow and the impeller turns ok,there seems to be oil in this area is that normal?
                            also i had an electrician put his diagnostic co9mputer on thr truck and he said it was the rpm sensor,does this sound right to you?

Comment

Originally posted by PIP H
                              Hi all, Just noticed today that the turbo light is not coing on anymore and going uphill with the foot flat doesn't make any difference to my speed. Can't hear the turbo anymore either. Can anyone give me any advice of what to check where the problem might be and how to fix it!

Thanks in advance

Pip H
                              I don't know your engine so this is a shot in the dark. If you have a 2.4 with the EGR valve (might be the same for a 3L) I had something similar happen. Where the EGR pipe meets the air intake there is a flap-type valve which is actuated by a 2" vacuum operated solenoid immediately beside it. When it is closed it dead heads the turbo and you get no boost. (Why it is there I have no idea, there's no reason to cut the turbo off!) The switch controlling the close action must have been failing because it would start cycling open/close or just stay closed. I pulled the vacuum line off the bottom side of the actuator and voila! it stays open all the time, so I just blocked the vacuum hose and left it permanently off.

If anyone can explain the purpose of a valve blocking off the turbo I'd be interested in knowing the answer.

Good Luck!

Paul

Comment

Working...
                              X