White smoke???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• White smoke???

Hello all, looking for some advice pls. Every day when i start up i get a big plume of white smoke blowing out the exhaust, it also seems a bit reluctant to start particularly in the cold, any ideas what this could be??

Also so she is very sluggish for the first couple of miles, is this normal?

any ideas?
    Steve

Born to be wild!!

Unburnt fuel.Maybe it's time for new glowplugs.

Neville

Comment

Thanks i'll try replacing them and see what happens then.

Steve
      Steve

Born to be wild!!

Comment

Just a quick one on replacing the glow plugs. once i've replaced them do i need to bleed the fuel lines to clear the air or does this happen automatically when i start the engine??

Any help appreciated

Steve
        Last edited by mudhog; 29 July 2005, 10:35.
        Steve

Born to be wild!!

Comment

Originally posted by mudhog
          Just a quick one on replacing the glow plugs. once i've replaced them do i need to bleed the fuel lines to clear the air or does this happen automatically when i start the engine??

Any help appreciated

Steve
          No you don't have to bleed the fuel lines. Your pump should take care of any air in the system as long as your filter is primed and full. However, I don't think you have to disconnect your fuel system to replace the glow plugs.

As for your smoke on startup, it could also be a leaking injector. That will dump extra fuel in the cylinder when the engine is shut off which doesn't get fully burnt on start. Depending on how many kms you have on your engine, it may be worth testing them.

Cheers,

Paul

Comment

Working...
          X