engine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• engine

stevo can you give me a rough price on a replacement engine for my 2.4td auto 1992 surf i guess from what i see on here you are one of the only ones to trust i have just had engine replaced after seizing only 4 months ago got ripped off a treat cost me 3grand with fitting and have now found head has gone and leaky crankshaft seal chrissy

Steve will tell you that you are better off having your Engine rebuilt.
    We all are appalled by this & we MEMBERS advise against buying a 2nd hand Engine.
    Call STEVO or TONY for there recommendation 1st as they will save you lots of Grief.
    Last edited by marky; 26 July 2005, 14:12.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
    (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by marky
      Steve will tell you that you are better off having your Engine rebuilt.
      We all are appalled by this & we MEMBERS advise against buying a 2nd hand Engine.
      Call STEVO or TONY for there recommendation 1st as they will save you lots of Grief.
      thanks for that Marky confused at the minute as don,t even know for sure what engine is in the surf as i think it was you that said the 2.4 ceased to be manufactured in 1993.got hold of easy jap parts where i had engine from and they have offered to send replacement, but have got no faith in them as would not be surprised if engine i got was not even on the level.Got no paperwork for it as promised warranty etc.all i can tell you is the local garage that fitted it said he had to change alot of things over in order for it to fit.would feel safer with another modified engine from either stevo or tony.at the minute have got on to trading standards for advice so are awaiting instructions from them,just hate to junk the surf as i love it so much ,wish stevo or tony were closer to northampton.do you know if they supply to other garages ? chrissy

Comment

I have spoken to STEVO today regarding your problem he will no doubt post later.
        (\__/)
        (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
        (")_(")

Comment

engine

Chrissy, give us a call before friday ( hols ) on 0161 476 6144 to discuss problem. Northampton not a prob as we pick up from all over UK.
          Cheers, Steve.

Comment

Originally posted by stevo
            Chrissy, give us a call before friday ( hols ) on 0161 476 6144 to discuss problem. Northampton not a prob as we pick up from all over UK.
            Cheers, Steve.
            Thanks alot Steve will give you a call.Cheers Chrissy.

Comment

Working...
            X