Bio...?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bio...?

Morning all, well ive bought me first Surf 2.4TD '92 plus i got a warranty covering the head if it should go!!! touch wood it doesnt... Ive heard that they can run on Bio-diesel is this true and do they need any modification to do so...?
    Cheers all.

depends on the mix.. either no mods at all, through to extra tanks, heaters and all sorts! loads of info on here have a search, and post a picture! have fun
    it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Originally posted by Kalimantan
      Morning all, well ive bought me first Surf 2.4TD '92 plus i got a warranty covering the head if it should go!!! touch wood it doesnt... Ive heard that they can run on Bio-diesel is this true and do they need any modification to do so...?
      Cheers all.
      Yes they can run on Bio - they can run on SVO and WVO too, but check with the warranty on the head that it doesnt require you to use diesel, and do some research on here and on the net before you decide which to use (or to use it at all.). Biodiesel can be bought, or you can make your own from WVO - more processing at home, but less/no mods to the car. SVO you'll need heaters/dual tanks but wont have to do home processing.

Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

So am i right in thinking that if i went into a petrol station that has a bio-diesel pump i can fill up the Surf with no problems...?

Comment

yup!
          it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Originally posted by Kalimantan
            So am i right in thinking that if i went into a petrol station that has a bio-diesel pump i can fill up the Surf with no problems...?
            You can (Tesco for example) however... they only sell a 5% mix (ie 5% BIO and the rest diesel) and it generally costs more than diesel.

To be truly green make your own....
            Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

Working...
            X