yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help with cigarette lighter problem please...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with cigarette lighter problem please...

Hi there, I've just spent a really annoying hour poking around my 1992 2.4TD. The cigarette lighter socket is dead (checked with a tester). I've done a search here and see that some people say there is an inline fuse, but where on earth is it? I pulled off the ashtray and it's fixing and could just see a red wire and a white/black wire going to the lighter. The red wire is dead, but I couldn't see a fuse.

The cigarette lighter is a bit knackered anyway, someone's obviously had a go at it before, so how do I remove it? It's stuck pretty solid.

On the subject of fuses, I have only found one fusebox, in the drivers side footwell. The cover is gone so I have no reference should a fuse go, can anyone help out with a diagram? Are there any other fuseboxes anywhere?

Many thanks.

Hey Tonka, this any good to you?
    http://www.toyotasurf.asn.au/techsite/fuses.htm

Comment

Hey there Bushwhacker, thanks for that it may well be. I'll have to have a look tomorrow to see if that's the one.

Thanks again

P S What's an LT/LTE surf?
      Last edited by Tonka; 20 July 2005, 00:33.

Comment

I think the LTE has electronic, or electronically controled fuel injection.
        The LT has'nt.

Comment

Now I've had a look at this I don't think it's really going to solve my problem but thanks very much for your help anyway Vince. I'm going to post a question on this in the electrics forum in case any auto-electricians (DIY or Pro) hang out there.

Tonka

Comment

Ummm, probably a dumb question but did you have the ignition on when you checked for voltage on the cigar lighter socket?
            Mine is only 'live' when ignition on.

Comment

Hi Vince, yes, not a dumb question at all, I did check with the ignition on and off.

Cheers

Tonks

Comment

Working...
              X