My mate has got a round nut!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My mate has got a round nut!!!

Is the bottom left hand pully (the adjuster for the Power Steering Belt) a Left hand thread, as my mate has had trouble removing his and has rounded the nut off?

Has anyone got any tips on how to change all the fan belts etc?

[SIZE=4][COLOR=Red]Thanks Surf Dudes!
    I like Orientals

Originally posted by Bobby Doc
    Is the bottom left hand pully (the adjuster for the Power Steering Belt) a Left hand thread, as my mate has had trouble removing his and has rounded the nut off?

Has anyone got any tips on how to change all the fan belts etc?

[SIZE=4][COLOR=Red]Thanks Surf Dudes!
    Nah, its not left hand thread, but I've found its often really tight. There's not really any tips, but wear armoured gloves!!!!

Its easier with the fan shrould off, as you can get to the belts better. The air con tensioner I do from under the wheel arch, with a lonnnng socket, the alternator tensioner is OK, just under the aircon pump with a spanner, the power steering is awkward, you need a nice sized prybar between the pump and its mount (being careful of the timing belt cover)
    4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

FANX TonyN
      I like Orientals

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
        Nah, its not left hand thread, but I've found its often really tight. There's not really any tips, but wear armoured gloves!!!!
        For anyone who wants to know, the ABSOLUTE BEST penetrating oil is called AeroKroil. Comes in an orange can. Not sure if you guys can find it in the UK but if you can it's pricey, but worth every cent. I work on aircraft engines and so bolts are subjected to very high temps. This stuff works like a charm, but you have you let it soak in for a while. Spray it on, go have a nice cold one...

Cheers,

Paul

Comment

[QUOTE=Surf Canada] I work on aircraft engines

Wot sort of stuff do you work on Paul? Out of interest.

Comment

Originally posted by Surf Canada
            Spray it on, go have a nice cold one...

Cheers,

Paul
            I can relate to that sort of working!

Wonder if I can get a couple of cans while we're in the US later. (Can you take aerosols on planes?)
            4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

[QUOTE=Lomcevac]
              Originally posted by Surf Canada
              I work on aircraft engines

Wot sort of stuff do you work on Paul? Out of interest.
              Aircraft engines is a bit of a misnomer. I'm a Field Service Engineer for GE Aero Energy here in Canada and I work on gas turbine power plants around the country. The turbines are an industrial verson of the GE CF6-50 and CF6-80 flight engines used on the Boeing 747, 767 and some Airbus models. Put them in a stand, couple them to a generator and make power. It's good work, I see something new every day.

Cheers,

Paul

Comment

[QUOTE=Surf Canada]
                Originally posted by Lomcevac

Aircraft engines is a bit of a misnomer. I'm a Field Service Engineer for GE Aero Energy here in Canada and I work on gas turbine power plants around the country. The turbines are an industrial verson of the GE CF6-50 and CF6-80 flight engines used on the Boeing 747, 767 and some Airbus models. Put them in a stand, couple them to a generator and make power. It's good work, I see something new every day.

Cheers,

Paul
                Nice job! And without most of the hassle involved with working on aircraft too.

Comment

Working...
                X