head info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• head info

hi, jst lookin for sum advise? i know the 2.4td has a problem with the heads! but is it all of them??? has toyota modified them?? if so does any1 know what engine codes to look out for?? and once the head has been done, does the new heads have the same problem? or have they been modified?? and can sum1 give me the idea of the cost of a head?

im currently searching for my first surf! so any advise would be great. would u advise me to go for another engine??? and for any of the more mechanicly minded? is it a hard head to change?? id imagine there quite abit of room to wrk on the surfs?

cheers craig

welcome along, there is a search tab near the top of the page, the 2.4 headthing has been covered... a lot. at the end of the day 2.4 is cheaper, and around 20% will have a problem. they go, or dont go. its fate. no engine numbers to watch. if the head has been changed theres is amodified head which wont go, check thats what was fitted. good hunting!(3.0 ltr engines seem bombproof)
    it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

hi manderson welcome to the site!!!
      i was lucky enough to get my surf two weeks after the head had been replaced its a bit of a weight off my mind put it that way.. and after driving a 3.0 i wish id scored round and got one instead of 2.4... its my birthday next week maybe the mrs will buy me one!!!considering heads go for anything up to and beyond £1000 like chillit said its a gamble mate but there are ways to try and guard against them cracking like keeping the cooling system in good condition never hurts!! good luck whatever you decide!!!
      DONT RUN WIV BIG DOGS IF U CANT PI** UP TALL TREES

Comment

Working...
      X