rear windows/oil leak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rear windows/oil leak

Hi guys; we are new to surfing, cherokee converts dont you know ! thanks to the forum we have managed to fix my sticking rear windows, plenty of rubber seal lubricant , and grease, and hey presto they whizz up and down a treat.
    I noticed that we have a small oil leak from the rear of the engine , rear main oil seal i think ? problem is , we have to drive from Kent to Bridgend in welsh Wales on Saturday, any advice would be welcome, cheers all.
    KEEP ON SURFING ! ! !

as youre going on a journey soon i would try a can of wynns or stp oil treatment...it may soften up the rear c shft oil seal and stop the leak... ive had about a 50% success rate using this...it depends how big/bad the leak is unless you know a real quick mechanic who can get the box out and put a new o/s in??!! which is what should ideally be done... the oil treatment costs between £5 - £8 maybe a bit more at halfrauds or a fluffy dice centre!! good luck
    DONT RUN WIV BIG DOGS IF U CANT PI** UP TALL TREES

Comment

Wynns Stop leak is pretty good

Comment

Originally posted by lucky
        Wynns Stop leak is pretty good
        Thanks for the info , if we get back from welsh Wales in one piece , the beast will be going in for new oil seals in a couple of weeks time !

Will let you know if all goes well.
        Thanks again

Comment

Working...
        X