Smoke, Bad MPG, and Rattles SORTED!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smoke, Bad MPG, and Rattles SORTED!!!

Yes all my woes were due to knackered injectors.
    Just had them serviced, new jets etc and now she runs sweetly! No clouds of smoke in the mirrors, no nasty ticking sound and still have 1/4 tank when she would have been empty before!

Now I have just one problem left to solve. Can anybody tell me what noise a turbo makes when it's on its way out? I have a screaching, like when you make a whistle from a blade of grass. It only happens for one range of throttle openings with the engine under load. The garage that did the injectors said that the turbo is leaking a bit of oil.
    Could this be the Turbo dying or some kind of airflow problem? Also, how much does a Turbohaul cost?
    Any help, as usual, much appreciated.

Ad

I know Markg8awo had a similar noise at certain revs , I think it was the turbo . Try a search to see if the thread is there .
    Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

Could be bearings on the way out on the turbo or an air leak. An overhaul will cost between 300 and 400 pounds from Turbo Technics>

Cheers

Comment

how many notes did the injector service cost? did you remove/refit them yourself?
        Landcruiser Colorado
        Sub. Forester

Comment

Thanks guys. God I hope I don't have to spend too much more.

I had a garage look into the overfuelling problem, so they took the injectors out. It looked medium fiddly as they also had to replace a couple of pipes down to the pump. Injectors went to Lucas UK who charged £190 I think to overhaul all four. Total bill to find the problem, supply pipes and labour came to £460.

Comment

Hi

Out of interest how many miles or kilometres to a tank were you getting before the injectors were serviced and how many after?

Thanks

Darren

Comment

Originally posted by dforsdike
              Hi

Out of interest how many miles or kilometres to a tank were you getting before the injectors were serviced and how many after?

Thanks

Darren
              Darren
              If I start discussing MPG's I am likely to invoke a hail of abuse.
              (however it was low twenties before and about 30 now)

Comment

on our hilux the turbo does get wet with oil because it shucks it from the rocker cover to the air fliter. Take the black pipe to the turbo off and clean it and put it back. we also know where you can get a good secound hand one almost new £95 plus vat that is cheap if you need more information contact dawn and john on c681@aol.com. also we can get cycilder heads and know how to put them on.

Comment

Working...
                X