Alas I've lost my head I think!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alas I've lost my head I think!!!

thought would take familly to beach as such beautiful boiling hot day..10mins from arrival and sea in sight temp gauge rose a little, started to slow then speed up temp dropped down,then rose never reaching red decided to turn off as funny smell made me panic applied brakes to turn to slip road lost control of everything steering ...no brakes all lights on beeping sound childen crying masses of steam coming out of engine water all overroad and oil IN engine...coulndn't even get car in to neutral to move out of slip road...steamed for good while...later when it had cooled down did go into neutral and came home on back of lorry...when road side rescue parked it masses of black smoke pouring out of exhaust...oh yes and funny white steakes up frontright had side of bonnet which I'm sure i"ve seen on here as proof of head going (can't find now)...so back in willesden london and wondering what to do next!!!If just head then will fix and sure will run on and on but need good guy who is honest and 100% reliable to do everything properly don't want to spend and spend...are there any more shocks...had car two yrs no probs..had rad cleaned march..new thermosat...came with new cambelt ...car made 1991 first imported 2002 then one u.k owner before me clock read 115,000km (might be true or not) had checked when just bought both mechnics said had been well looked after and very nice example...local guy says he can do it but would I be better of with someone who does surfs all time,or place I bought it from (not cheap I'm sure)...still in shock but at least was right by a pub so had a drink and lunch while waiting for rescue and to be fair after reading all these threads knew it would happen one day...any thoughts much appreciated
    Last edited by bowwow; 19 June 2005, 22:50. Reason: left out words didn't make sense

if you do need it doing TonyN from here is recommended if your only in London - he is in Basingstoke. Im sure he will post here or leave a number/email for him to call you.
    If not I also know a very trusty mechanic that usually does my famillies motors if that helps.
    Cheers
    Tim
    Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Definately Tony is your man, have sent him a pm.

Trev
      Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Hi there - Tony's number is 07709 839891. He uses Stevo's modified heads to protect against future trouble (search on TonyN or Stevo on here for testaments to them both!!) If your surf isnt driveable we can arrange for it to be collected.
        Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

seeing as you're down that part of the country - go to Tony - especially as you asked for 100% honest etc!
          Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Linda
            Hi there - Tony's number is 07709 839891. He uses Stevo's modified heads to protect against future trouble (search on TonyN or Stevo on here for testaments to them both!!) If your surf isnt driveable we can arrange for it to be collected.
            LINDA must be on commision
            (\__/)
            (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
            (")_(")

Comment

Working...
            X