Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Difference between EFI and no EFI

HI
    Do you know if there is difference in engine with EFI and without, also there is difference between engines for Europe and America. Reason why I ask is simple, all engine pictures I have seen on the web are not like mine engine. For example, fuel filter on mine Surf is on the left side above turbo, I have 3 VSV for 4WD, I also have 4 VSV on the other side of engine. How I can check for where was meant this model, usually by the chassis number.
    Igor

Most the pics of engines you'll see US websites will be petrol models. plus left hand drive, UK and Jap trucks are right hand drive so the brake servo will be where the fuel lives on right hand drive Surfs.

You don't say what you have, all the trucks have the 4wd switches by the fuse box, on the inner wing, Of the top of my head, i think non-efi 2.4's have a bank of 2 switches on the intake elbow in to the manifold, and the EFI trucks have 1 there, and others further down.

Is something not working?
    4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Few things

I doo have some problems actually two problems, one would be with vacuum lines for the engine, they have been disconnected and now the engine is not working well, how ever I connect them I can't make this working (I don’t know how is called even in my language) but looks like this, it is in two pieces, round and with two nipples for vacuum hoses. Also I don’t know why my 4WD is not working, vacuum pump is good, vacuum tank is good, VSV blue and red are good too, also when I put hose directly from pump then is working. I think the problem is with control unit or something else. Also I have one more VSV –black on the same side where these for 4WD are. What for is that one. Would you please explain me how the 4WD works.
      Thanks
      Igor
      PS: What for is this, it was disconected -see pictures
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Igor.YU
        I doo have some problems actually two problems, one would be with vacuum lines for the engine, they have been disconnected and now the engine is not working well, how ever I connect them I can't make this working (I don’t know how is called even in my language) but looks like this, it is in two pieces, round and with two nipples for vacuum hoses. Also I don’t know why my 4WD is not working, vacuum pump is good, vacuum tank is good, VSV blue and red are good too, also when I put hose directly from pump then is working. I think the problem is with control unit or something else. Also I have one more VSV –black on the same side where these for 4WD are. What for is that one. Would you please explain me how the 4WD works.
        Thanks
        Igor
        PS: What for is this, it was disconected -see pictures
        That is a Throttle Position Sensor (TPS).If not working or connected the engine will not run properly.It is part of the electronic system and tells the ECU what the position of the throttle is and therefore how much fuel etc is needed.

Try this link and do a search for TPS.http://toyotasurf.asn.au/forum/index.php

Neville

Comment

Wires on the throttle aren’t same color like the one that comes to it. I’m not sure how to connect them. I don’t know if I can make mess by connecting them wrong

Comment

Igor.
            Have a look at the Technical/ Mechanical General section for 22nd May 2005, there is a diagram and a website link giving details of the ADDs system.
            Best of luck.
            Keef
            A positive attitude wont solve all your problems but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort!

Comment

Wires on the throttle aren’t same color like the one that comes to it. I’m not sure how to connect them. I don’t know if I can make mess by connecting them wrong
              Igor

Give as many details on your vehicle as possible and then we may be able to help.We need Model,Year Engine type etc.I will check wiring colors for the TPS on mine and let you know.Also do a search for TPS and ADD on this and the other site for diagrams and other info.

Neville

Comment

Basic information

These are some information: Chassis number is LN1300028456, motor is 2LT, and also said Q-LN130G-GKMGX 2446 ccm TD. Steering wheel is on the left hand side. When I ordered some parts and told them chassis number they told me that this model is for US, I don’t know how ended in Balkan. I will appreciate any help.
                Igor

Comment

These are some information: Chassis number is LN1300028456, motor is 2LT, and also said Q-LN130G-GKMGX 2446 ccm TD. Steering wheel is on the left hand side. When I ordered some parts and told them chassis number they told me that this model is for US, I don’t know how ended in Balkan. I will appreciate any help.
                  Igor
                  Didn't think they ever imported the LN130 into the US, maybe Canada though.

May well have gone out to the Balkans as a Military support vehicle.

Comment

Working...
                  X