engine mods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• engine mods

hi guys just wondered,is it possible to fit the 2.8 core block with the 2.4 ancilliaries.i.e head,turbo,pump and ecu. or is there a few mods i can do to get more power from the 2.4 lump.or a complete engine conversion,just a thought for future reference.
    www.overfab.uk

Originally posted by vatchman
    hi guys just wondered,is it possible to fit the 2.8 core block with the 2.4 ancilliaries.i.e head,turbo,pump and ecu. or is there a few mods i can do to get more power from the 2.4 lump.or a complete engine conversion,just a thought for future reference.
    Don't see why not, as many 2.8 owners have fitted the turbo from the 2.4 without major difficulty, plus some surfs came with the 2.8 fitted anyway.
    Maurice
    Hilux Surf FAQ at www.hiluxsurf.eu

Comment

ok thanks morr.
      www.overfab.uk

Comment

2.8 head will fit on a 2.4 block so it should work the other way round. I think the 2.8 is slightly longer stroke than the 2.4 so the bore stays the same. (Could be wrong though on that one).

Comment

The 2.4 bore and stroke are 92mm and the (3L) 2.8 is 96 for both.

Neville

Comment

thanks nev thats answered my next question,will the valves hit the piston.
            www.overfab.uk

Comment

Originally posted by vatchman
              thanks nev thats answered my next question,will the valves hit the piston.
              As far as i remember they won't, the cutouts in the pistons are large enough to accomodate

Comment

ok thanks lucky
                www.overfab.uk

Comment

Working...
                X