4" lift kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4" lift kit

I recently saw a picture of a surf with a 4" lift and would really like that for my own. Is there anyone out there who can tell me what is required to do this and what is the rough cost. Thanks.

Originally posted by PIP H
    I recently saw a picture of a surf with a 4" lift and would really like that for my own. Is there anyone out there who can tell me what is required to do this and what is the rough cost. Thanks.
    Assuming what you saw was a 4" suspension lift then you can buy the kit them from Pro Comp Explorer UK for about £850+vat. But it's not an easy self install I believe. Companies like L.A. Supertrux can fit them for you but it adds to the cost.

The other way to get there is a mix of lift types i.e. a 2" suspension lift plus a 2" body lift. You'll get a similar effect but it works out cheaper and is a DIY proposition costing about £500 or less. The money you save can then be spent on some BIG tyres to go with the lift!!

Nevillef

Comment

shirly if you do a 2" body lift you would need to extend the steering doobury and the cables etc?
      Not done anything like that.
      YET!!
      Back in the world of Surfdom

Comment

Originally posted by Djandco
        shirly if you do a 2" body lift you would need to extend the steering doobury and the cables etc?
        Not done anything like that.
        YET!!
        Yup, the steering column normally needs extending, safest way is to cut, sleeve and weld the column.

Cable and brake lines are normally OK if you undo a few clips and stretch them out, and just make a little block to raise the brake pipe connector on the rear axle. And you should make a little braket to raise the LSV arm on the rear axle.
        4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
          Yup, the steering column normally needs extending, safest way is to cut, sleeve and weld the column.

Cable and brake lines are normally OK if you undo a few clips and stretch them out, and just make a little block to raise the brake pipe connector on the rear axle. And you should make a little braket to raise the LSV arm on the rear axle.
          if only I knew what the ell you were on about! SLV?
          Give me electrics anyday!
          But seriously, is it an easy(ish) thing to do?
          Also, where is the best place to get the lifty bits? I somehow don't think 4 fag packets will hold up to it!
          Back in the world of Surfdom

Comment

Working...
          X