2.4 Fuel pump leak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2.4 Fuel pump leak

Just finished removing my Fuel pump due to a leak where is the best place to buy the seals and do you change the throttle bush

http://uk.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/pau.../ph//my_photos

Originally posted by goodjazz
    Just finished removing my Fuel pump due to a leak where is the best place to buy the seals and do you change the throttle bush

http://uk.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/pau.../ph//my_photos
    Seal kit from Milners is 7:80 + vat

Comment

Fuel pump timing

any idea how you set the fuel pump timing, as I have a fault code coming up on the dash saying just that. I own a Haynes manual for the 2.4 pick up truck, and it says something about setting the No 1 piston to TDC then retard the timing 15 degrees back then set the timing on the pump and bolt back together. Do you know if this is the same proccedure as the 2.4 TD efi engine.

Comment

Originally posted by chasharman
        any idea how you set the fuel pump timing, as I have a fault code coming up on the dash saying just that. I own a Haynes manual for the 2.4 pick up truck, and it says something about setting the No 1 piston to TDC then retard the timing 15 degrees back then set the timing on the pump and bolt back together. Do you know if this is the same proccedure as the 2.4 TD efi engine.
        You need a dial gauge to screw into the back of the pump,but I dont know if its the same as 2.4 TD. If its a code then the throttle position sensor may be the problem as the ECU would not be able to tell a mechanical problem

Comment

All repaired for a shocking £35 with new cambelt now how did these Trucks get a bad name for being expensive to run? brought Two tyres Second hand wider then the standard Ones so now on the back £40 fitted.

Comment

Working...
          X