missfire probs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• missfire probs

hi guys im a newbie to this forum and i have a question to ask.i have a prob with my 91 surf 2.4 when im driving along and the engine is under load under 2000 rpm all is ok.but when i get any boost from the turbo and take my foot off of the accelarator pedal to brake for a junction the engine seems to missfire and a plume of smoke appears from the exhaust.it smokes and missfires for about 10 seconds then all is well again,it does this first thing in the morning from cold start and every time i take my foot off of the accelarator to brake,every time it lasts for about ten seconds then clears.now ive replaced the turbo ,the head the injectors,and checked the compression,the only thing ive changed under the bonnet is a home made induction kit.this is now doing my head in can any body please help.im now stuck between the ecu or the pump.
    www.overfab.uk

Hi vatchman; welcome to the site;
    do a search in technical for the EGR valve this is likely to be your problem,
    hth; cheers wrench

Comment

Originally posted by wrench
      Hi vatchman; welcome to the site;
      do a search in technical for the EGR valve this is likely to be your problem,
      hth; cheers wrench
      hi wrench .i forgot to mention that i made a plate to go between the casting from the inlet manifold to the egr.this in turn blocks off the egr,it still missfires.does this pump have an electronic advance and retard.does any one know where i can get hold of a fault code reader for this vehicle.
      www.overfab.uk

Comment

Originally posted by vatchman
        hi wrench .i forgot to mention that i made a plate to go between the casting from the inlet manifold to the egr.this in turn blocks off the egr,it still missfires.does this pump have an electronic advance and retard.does any one know where i can get hold of a fault code reader for this vehicle.
        Have a look in the FAQs the codes and how to read them is listed there. All you need is a paper clip or a short piece of wire.
        It's only a hobby!

Comment

Originally posted by kitesurf_phil
          Have a look in the FAQs the codes and how to read them is listed there. All you need is a paper clip or a short piece of wire.
          hi and thanks for the info.the check light flashes 11 times.the car is in park the ac is off but still flashes 11 times.tried it in neutral too same thing.this relates if the info is correct to a switch,can any one throw any light on this.please.
          www.overfab.uk

Comment

Working...
          X