Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine Mgt Prob?

Hi Guys;

Your 2 cents please, have a 2.4 J plated lux, well looked after/serviced previous. Everything going ok until red mgt light comes on/off off/on didnt affect anything. Had new cambelt service garage couldnt find anything ontoward. Situ then progressed to when hit 30 turbo comes in red light comes on cuts turbo, turbo on ok for a while light on cuts out again and so it goes on. They cant help me any further as import, local Toyota dealer has agreed to see it under duress. Is it the mgt system ??? Many thanks its booked in for Wed Id just like a steer before they poss come up with all things weird and wonderful.

Cometopapa

can anyone offer any advice please.
    Mny thanks appreciate it.
    cometopapa

Comment

Originally posted by cometopapa
      can anyone offer any advice please.
      Mny thanks appreciate it.
      cometopapa
      Do a fault code test your self. Searc on here for faults codes, it will tell you how to do it & what the codes are.
      Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
      My choice
      Back off

Comment

red light prob

The symptoms you are explaining could be linked to the crankshaft sensor. Because it is a proximity style switch, it has to be set the correct distance from the metalic body of which it is detecting. It is located just above the oil sump, opposite side of the block from the exhaust system, and towards the front end. It is quite tricky to get to but not impossible. The best thing to do is the self diagnostic test which is explained elsewhere on this site through the search menu. Good luck. Let us know the results as it could prove to be usefull to other users.

Comment

Check vacuum hoses around Turbo Pressure Sensor and just under the Throttle Body.Could be one of these loose or leaking.

Neville

Comment

Thanks guys for advice ive now had the time to through old posts seems like youve heard it all before! and I am now armed with the codes to unlock the prob we shall see.
            Cometopapa

Comment

Working...
            X