Boiling surfer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boiling surfer

My 2.4td surf overheats under pressure, by this i mean if i drive at 30mph it is fine all day, however if i start getting to sixty / seventy it cooks.
    when the needle reads very hot if i pull over and allow the surf to idle for a couple of minutes it cools itself to normal and i can continue on my way as long as i keep the revs below 2000ish, start going fast again and away she goes like a kettle. : :
    The surf has already had a head gasket, water pump, thermostat which we have now removed to allow the free flow water and the viscus fan made permanant to try and keep it cool. none of this has worked :
    Has any one else had this problem and overcome it because i am completely stumped.
    all ideas gratefully recieved
    1stSURF

Originally posted by 1stSURF
    My 2.4td surf overheats under pressure, by this i mean if i drive at 30mph it is fine all day, however if i start getting to sixty / seventy it cooks.
    when the needle reads very hot if i pull over and allow the surf to idle for a couple of minutes it cools itself to normal and i can continue on my way as long as i keep the revs below 2000ish, start going fast again and away she goes like a kettle. : :
    The surf has already had a head gasket, water pump, thermostat which we have now removed to allow the free flow water and the viscus fan made permanant to try and keep it cool. none of this has worked :
    Has any one else had this problem and overcome it because i am completely stumped.
    all ideas gratefully recieved
    1stSURF
    Who replaced the head-gasket & why? Are you sure the cooling system was bled properly.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
    (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by marky
      Who replaced the head-gasket & why? Are you sure the cooling system was bled properly.
      i do not know who or why but the bits are new i have only had the surf a week and discovered this problem.
      we have bled the system i plan on trying flushing the system and bleeding again tomorrow.
      at this rate i will be driving my cherokee forever

Comment

Originally posted by 1stSURF
        i do not know who or why but the bits are new i have only had the surf a week and discovered this problem.
        we have bled the system i plan on trying flushing the system and bleeding again tomorrow.
        at this rate i will be driving my cherokee forever
        Head-gaskets dont go on SURFS heads do! Did you buy it from a dealer?
        (\__/)
        (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by marky
          Head-gaskets dont go on SURFS heads do! Did you buy it from a dealer?
          i bought it trade (No Warrentee)
          we have pressure tested it all appears fine i feel like putting a match to it but i waited ages for one to come at the right price

Comment

Give it a good flush including the rear heater.
            (\__/)
            (")_(")

Comment

checked the rad isnt full of mud?

Comment

First thing I'd check is is there any mud and crud on the outside of theradiator restricting airflow? Maybe give it a wash through with a hose to clean it thoroughly.
                Paul </Slugsie>
                Immortal.so far!

Comment

It does this if you rad is blocked internally, or the fins are plugged with mud.
                  4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Working...
                  X