can you help re- turbo light please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can you help re- turbo light please

i have a problem... when i turn the ignition key the green turbo light works on the dashboard facia. when i take it above 2000 revs the turbo "whistles", but the light doesn't illuinate. is this a common problem and where do i start to look to rectify the problem? i assume that the "whistle" above 2000 revs and when i accelerate is the turbo? or is it something else? i would really appreciate any advise anyone can give.
    thanks
    nctattoo34

Originally posted by nctattoo
    i have a problem... when i turn the ignition key the green turbo light works on the dashboard facia. when i take it above 2000 revs the turbo "whistles", but the light doesn't illuinate. is this a common problem and where do i start to look to rectify the problem? i assume that the "whistle" above 2000 revs and when i accelerate is the turbo? or is it something else? i would really appreciate any advise anyone can give.
    thanks
    nctattoo34
    Yes, the whistling is the turbo.
    The green light should come on above approx. 1800 rpm when driving, around 2300 rpm when parked and reving.
    Check that there are no big splits or holes in the rubber 'bellows' type hose that connects on to the air filter housing.

Comment

thanks bushwhacker

thanks for your help... i will try in the morning as i don't particularly want to fumble in the dark !!! at least my turbo aint gone bang ( yet ). thanks for the speedy reply

Comment

Check these pipes!
        Attached Files
        (\__/)
        (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
        (")_(")

Comment

Working...
        X