Boost Pressure Way Down!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boost Pressure Way Down!

ok, so I've just noticed that my turbo is only boosting up to just over 5psi. (previously it has been boosting to 11psi, no mods) Which explains the lack of power but what explains the sudden loss of boost pressure? I've noticed a bit of slop in the turbo shaft and guess this might explain it but is there anything else that could contribute, I've read posts here about injector timing possibly affecting turbo pressure, any comments? Also I don't get the green boost light activating, apart from once in a blue moon.

ALL VACUUM HOSES HAVE BEEN REPLACED AND CHECKED AND RE-CHECKED FOR CORRECT ROUTING!!

Oh and can anyone explain what the ecu diagnostic code 10 means, I know it means 'starting switch' but so what?

For your info I've had the following done in the last 12 months:
    Complete engine re-build, including new head
    Turbo re-con

Thanks for any light you can shed on any of this!!!
    Life is not a dress rehearsal
    1996 3.0 SSR-G 5-speed
    (Auto's are for the indecisive!!)

Possibly a big split in one of the rubber hoses somewhere that you can't see .?

Comment

You would surely hear a split hose, or see resulting oily spray.

Comment

Originally posted by Pete The Tart View Post
        ok, so I've just noticed that my turbo is only boosting up to just over 5psi. (previously it has been boosting to 11psi, no mods) Which explains the lack of power but what explains the sudden loss of boost pressure? I've noticed a bit of slop in the turbo shaft and guess this might explain it but is there anything else that could contribute, I've read posts here about injector timing possibly affecting turbo pressure, any comments? Also I don't get the green boost light activating, apart from once in a blue moon.

ALL VACUUM HOSES HAVE BEEN REPLACED AND CHECKED AND RE-CHECKED FOR CORRECT ROUTING!!

Oh and can anyone explain what the ecu diagnostic code 10 means, I know it means 'starting switch' but so what?

For your info I've had the following done in the last 12 months:
        Complete engine re-build, including new head
        Turbo re-con

Thanks for any light you can shed on any of this!!!
        Did you ever find out what was wrong with your boost? mine is doing the same thing except mines only reading 4psi and it's a 1993 3.0

Comment

Working...
        X