Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steering Stop Grease Question ?

Hi

Recently my steering stops have started clunkin on full lock , Ive read here that a dod of grease will help this .

before I go out and get sum grease what is the best/worse grease for this ? or will any do the job just aswell

Thankz

I recently did mine and used LM grease - which I think is just general automotive grease. Seems to have done the trick.

Comment

Any multipurpose grease is fine. Just found out there are stops on the back too
      Tim
      Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Originally posted by SiRSKiNBAD
        Hi

Recently my steering stops have started clunkin on full lock , Ive read here that a dod of grease will help this .

before I go out and get sum grease what is the best/worse grease for this ? or will any do the job just aswell

Thankz
        Just slap on the thickest grease you can find. Alternatively you can buy the real M'coy Plastic Steering lockstop caps @ £2.60 each from Roughtrax

http://www.toyotahilux.com/index.php...5&category=157

I suppose any plastic nut cover of the right size would do the trick. Anyone know where to get them?

Nevillef
        Last edited by laser_jock@work; 15 April 2005, 13:15.

Comment

Originally posted by laser_jock@work
          I suppose any plastic nut cover of the right size would do the trick. Anyone know where to get them?
          Yeh, off someone elses new hilux

Comment

Originally posted by JimL
            Yeh, off someone elses new hilux
            Nah- just need something like these Metric Nut Caps

http://www.abacus-furniture.co.uk/6-7.htm

Buy a couple of dozen- replace when worn through. They're probably only pence each.

Nevillef

Comment

Working...
            X