2LTE replaced by 2L

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2LTE replaced by 2L

Has anyone successfully fitted a non-turbo 2L engine into a 1990 surf that had an EFI 2L engine originally fitted ?
    I think I am fighting with the ECM at present,mechanically I have no problems.glowplugs and stop solenoid main issue.
    I am a qualified technician,just trying to save a bit of time and headscratching!
    Any help welcome.
    Cheers APE.

There is no Crank sensor on the the 2LT engine so you will have problems.
    Tony or others will have more info with this.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
    (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by marky
      There is no Crank sensor on the the 2LT engine so you will have problems.
      Tony or others will have more info with this.
      Thanks for that but I'm fitting non-turbo 2L engine so need no input from crank sensor to control fuelling etc.

Comment

why dont you just put a push button inside for your heater plugs and wire your solenoid into an ignition live.

Comment

PO put a 2LT into my surf which originally had a 2LTE. Dont know what the issues were, manual glow plug control is all I have to sort out (ooh and a new engine) and then I can whip out my ECU and stick it on EBAY.

Comment

Why a 2L, I would have thought that would be well under powered to pull along nearly 2 ton of Surf. Go for a 2LT, its got the turbo but with a lot less electronic stuff.
            Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
            My choice
            Back off

Comment

Originally posted by kevb
              why dont you just put a push button inside for your heater plugs and wire your solenoid into an ignition live.
              was ready to do that but wanted to keep as original as possible incase i fitted another 2LTE engine in future.sorted now,earthing problem with controller culprit.

Comment

Originally posted by Koi
                Why a 2L, I would have thought that would be well under powered to pull along nearly 2 ton of Surf. Go for a 2LT, its got the turbo but with a lot less electronic stuff.
                like the sound of that,used 2L out of written off '93 pick-up too cheap to refuse.bought surf with blown engine so never driven it yet,if i like it i will take your advice.

Comment

Working...
                X