Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help

Recently noticed cream coloured dry stains on hoses N/S of engine compartment looks like its being blown up by fan when moving no leaks on floor when stationary any ideas people ?

Coolant usually leaves a whiteish stain when it dries.

cheers
    Les
    [COLOR=YellowGreen]92 SSR-X AUTO/2.4L T/D EFI
    31/105R15 TOYO OPAT Tyres/Staun deflators
    CSA Custom Alloys
    Bullbar/spotties
    Uniden UH012 UHF/Pioneer CD[/COLOR]

Comment

Oil form the viscous fan clutch???

Neville

Comment

My coolant had a yellow goo in it, stevo said it might be a ceramic head fix addative, all I know is, DON'T put blucol antifreeze in with it.
        Otherwise you end up with a 2.4td Mr Whippy icecream maker.
        When this overheated and spilled out, it left a creamy sticky mess over the battery. And before you say, not that kind of sticky mess!
        Back in the world of Surfdom

Comment

Cheers NEV

Next question what and where is the viscous fan clutch is it serious ?
          Originally posted by NiftyNev
          Oil form the viscous fan clutch???

Neville

Comment

Ref Possible coolant staining on hoses

Viscous cooling fan has been suggested what is it where is it and is it serious apparently no loss of coolant level as i can see,what dya reckon surfers ?

Comment

Mines got a 'cream coloured dry stain' around the area where the fan is, but I know mines from the bottom of the fan being immersed in muddy water on my last trip off road.

Could this be the reason behind yours??
              It just does, OK?

Comment

Stains

Dont think so Robbo reckon its dry coolant maybe coolant being blown up by fan from expansion tank overflow pipe me finks,hey mines a grey too cheers dude
                Originally posted by dave.j.robbo
                Mines got a 'cream coloured dry stain' around the area where the fan is, but I know mines from the bottom of the fan being immersed in muddy water on my last trip off road.

Could this be the reason behind yours??

Comment

Working...
                X