Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And another one bites the dust!

Well, its official, the head's cracked!

I've had lots of conversations with the owner of the garage I bought the truck from because its been overheating a bit (according to the gauge) and he's been telling me that it's the sender unit thats gone wrong, no it's not the head he's tested it and its fine, etc. Then the top tank on the radiator split, so I got that patched and recored, topped it up with coolant, ran it to get warm and it started bubbling out in the expansion tank!

So this weekend I stripped the head off and there's at least 3 cracks. To add insult to injury, none of these problems appeared until its a month out of warranty!

Elfstone.

I had the same thing mate. Sorry to hear your bad news.
    French fishing at it's best www.mayennefishing.com

Comment

Originally posted by Elfstone
      Well, its official, the head's cracked!

I've had lots of conversations with the owner of the garage I bought the truck from because its been overheating a bit (according to the gauge) and he's been telling me that it's the sender unit thats gone wrong, no it's not the head he's tested it and its fine, etc. Then the top tank on the radiator split, so I got that patched and recored, topped it up with coolant, ran it to get warm and it started bubbling out in the expansion tank!

So this weekend I stripped the head off and there's at least 3 cracks. To add insult to injury, none of these problems appeared until its a month out of warranty!

Elfstone.
      BUGGA! ive been there but speak to stevo & get it fixed. Then you'll have years of surfing ahead of you.
      (\__/)
      (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
      (")_(")

Comment

Working...
      X