oil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oil

Hi boys and girls just ordered filter kit for my truck just wondered what is the best oil to use and how mutch does it take, it a 1990 2.4 td. Thanks

Milners tend to send Mobil oil which I have used but im now using Chevron 10w40, seems ok.
    You will need 6-7 litres
    Tim
    Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Originally posted by mr dog
      Hi boys and girls just ordered filter kit for my truck just wondered what is the best oil to use and how mutch does it take, it a 1990 2.4 td. Thanks
      I did mine at the weekend. I put Castrol GTD Magnatec in it. It took around 6.5 litre, and thats with the oil filter as well.

Don`t do what I did and just take the filter off without putting some sort of container below it, or you get oil all over the place

Some people go on about Low ash oils, which are used in Japan, as they are apparently better for the engine, but I don`t see the point in searching too hard for these oils, plus they cost more. If you change your oil every 3000 miles or so all should be fine.

Comment

Thanks guys. Just seen the thread for removing the panel in the wheel arch, was wondering how you get the filter off now i know

Comment

Working...
        X