yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

oh and another thing....filling the rear washer /wiper?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oh and another thing....filling the rear washer /wiper?

While I remember, does the rear window wiper fill from the front washer bottle? Nothing seems to be coming through, not sure if its blocked or because we are so dumb we can't find the bottle in the rear!

All tips gratefully received!
    Naomi
    AKA - Mamadwyvin
    www.greenhands.co.uk

Originally posted by mamadwyvin
    While I remember, does the rear window wiper fill from the front washer bottle? Nothing seems to be coming through, not sure if its blocked or because we are so dumb we can't find the bottle in the rear!

All tips gratefully received!

Yes rear washer works from the same bottle as the the fronts, so it must be blocked some where or the pump has had it!
    I'm a custard donut monster

Comment

Originally posted by jotto
      Yes rear washer works from the same bottle as the the fronts, so it must be blocked some where or the pump has had it!
      Thanks Jotto, another one for Dear Dennis to have a look at then!
      .............. £££££
      Naomi
      AKA - Mamadwyvin
      www.greenhands.co.uk

Comment

Also a low level will clear the rear washer pump before the front pump is dry... just got caught with that one....

Chekc its full, check the pump is powered, fluid isn't coming out somewhere else... usual things..

AndyL

Comment

Originally posted by mamadwyvin
          Thanks Jotto, another one for Dear Dennis to have a look at then!
          .............. £££££

As said in other post if you can get over to watford sat morning will have a look might be able to clear it with air line.
          I'm a custard donut monster

Comment

Had this on mine. There's a joint under the rear plastic headlining trim at the very back. Pull off the trim and you'll see where the pipes join. Mine was blocked with a "papery" type gung that stopped the water completely. Some had also got in the rear jet. A good blow through with a pump cured the problem but you do need to take the pipes apart to do it properly.
            Mike G

Comment

i get caught with the rear running out first - handy though!
              Tim
              Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

If you attempt to go up an embankment so steep you plant your rear bumper in the grass, then the water from your bottle will flow out your rear wiper nozzle by gravity feed - cool

Comment

while you are there, it would make burping the coolant easier....
                  it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Working...
                  X