Head still going strong

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Head still going strong

Just thought I would pop back to the forum to see how all the surfs are going, I changed the head on my surf back in late November and sold it straight away to a mate of mine and it is still going as strong as ever, he loves it, wished I had kept it now, he has had no probs at all, I had had it for 15 months previous and never had one prob, only the head, which I changed myself, when I sold it I got a 1996 4.5 petrol land cruiser, which is a great car and love it to bits, but I still do miss the surf, to be honest I did prefere the drive of the surf compared to the land cruiser, suspension is not has choppy as athe LC.
    But I must admit the power of the LC is great fun, but have to make a few more trips to the petrol station...LOL

Hi, you may as well stay, there are a few LC owners here now, down in the basement....

Good to hear the Surf is still OK, good job.
    4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Yes I'm !!!!!! glad It's still going ok, nothing worse than selling a car to a mate and it goes wrong, but I did tell him to read all of the forum articles before he bought it LOL.

Comment

Got my LC a month or so ago, it's in the garage for a Fuel pump rebuild as I couldn't be bothered to do it myself. Got to agree about the ride however mine I think is due to the front springs being a bit compressed, aftermarket shocker on it that are so hard that I think they are actually welded together and the front anti roll bar bushes are shot. Mind you I do love it, the 4.2 engine is a peach, pulls like a train from idling speed as well.

Still I'm back to driving the Surf at the moment while the Cruiser is in the shop and I still think it's great - mind you I really have to sell it if anyone wants it for the supremely reasonable price of £3,999. (sorry couldn't resist an advert again).

New head and everything too.

Cheers

Comment

Working...
        X