Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heads....Do I panic now?

Hi everyone,

I have only recently joined and the site is already proving invaluable having answered many of my questions. But, there's always a but, heads. I knew that there was a slight problem but thought it was not a serious factor when buying my surf. I am now starting to panic as it seems to be a problem that occurs with alarming regularity. So do I just assume it will happen at some stage and start saving or am I being needlessly pessimistic.

Oh and by the way just like to add that its the best car I have ever owned !

Cheers....all info gratefully accepted.

There is no need for panic, what good would that do you?

Bad things will always be reported in disproportionately high numbers compared to good things. One survey taken here showed that under 20% of 2.4 Surfs experienced head problems, so not all give trouble by any means.
    If you wish to protect yourself as best you can , flush the cooling system thoroughly as described here on the forum and keep a regular check on things.
    But don't assume it will automatically go, many many owners have never had a moments trouble with theirs.
    Maurice
    Hilux Surf FAQ at www.hiluxsurf.eu

Comment

Originally posted by PieMan
      Hi everyone,

I have only recently joined and the site is already proving invaluable having answered many of my questions. But, there's always a but, heads. I knew that there was a slight problem but thought it was not a serious factor when buying my surf. I am now starting to panic as it seems to be a problem that occurs with alarming regularity. So do I just assume it will happen at some stage and start saving or am I being needlessly pessimistic.

Cheers....all info gratefully accepted.
      BTW, my comments above are only really valid assuming you have the 2.4 version, if you fill in your vehicle details in your profile it will help ensure you receive the most relevant answers.
      Maurice
      Hilux Surf FAQ at www.hiluxsurf.eu

Comment

The head went on mine in the first day of ownership but there are two other 2.4 Surf owners in work with me that have had no trouble
        No further problems with mine

Comment

Cheers

Cheers peeps. Yes, quite right of course about the disproportion of reporting and I'll get my vehicle details updated.
          Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by PieMan

Thats the bit to remember, if it don't go it is and if it does go, once repaired it still will be.
            As said its not as bad as first seems, theres over 3700 members on here and if 60 of them have had the head go they talk about it morning noon & night.
            Then along comes a post like yours and kicks it all of again, look carfully at all the posts about heads and you'll see its the same members posting time & time again.
            Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
            My choice
            Back off

Comment

Working...
            X