yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oil Pressure Sensor - what am I looking for ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil Pressure Sensor - what am I looking for ?

Just noticed the oil pressure guage is dead on the dashboard, I've taken a look on the forum to see where the sensor is so I can pull the plug off and test the meter by shorting it to earth ( - think thats what I need to do ? ) other posts talk of the sensor being towards the rear of the engine pass the oil filter.

What am I exactly meant to be looking for ? Do I need to look under the engine or is the plug reachable by leaning into the engine bay ?

Can't see any cables near the filter ?

Virtual beer to anyone who can point me in the right direction......

Regards
    Andy ( ancl )

Originally posted by ancl
    Just noticed the oil pressure guage is dead on the dashboard, I've taken a look on the forum to see where the sensor is so I can pull the plug off and test the meter by shorting it to earth ( - think thats what I need to do ? ) other posts talk of the sensor being towards the rear of the engine pass the oil filter.

What am I exactly meant to be looking for ? Do I need to look under the engine or is the plug reachable by leaning into the engine bay ?

Can't see any cables near the filter ?

Virtual beer to anyone who can point me in the right direction......

Regards
    Andy ( ancl )
    Well found the cable and connector sitting there so its disconnected, but having a good feel around in that area ( fnar ) can't see where its mean to reconnect ?

Comment

Well found the cable and connector sitting there so its disconnected, but having a good feel around in that area ( fnar ) can't see where its mean to reconnect ?
      Fixed it, had another fumble and looked at the connector and slid it onto what looked like it should have been connected to. Job done, guage now working.....

Woo-hoo

Comment

all on your own too mate! noone replied so I thought I would to say WELL DONE!
        Tim
        Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Thanks

I was quite proud of it, okay pushing a connector back onto a pin isn't hard work but I did it :-)

Andy

Comment

Thanks

I was quite proud of it, okay pushing a connector back onto a pin isn't hard work but I did it :-)

Andy
            Hi i know it was a while ago you posted this but, i've got exactly the same problem. Could you or anyone tell me where to find the plug and how to get at the damm thing! Just brought surf and i know its unplugged for a reason! Den

Comment

Well if you lookn at the engine from the bonnet the oil filter is on the left hand side....from the drivers side wheel arch when the wheel is removed you can get to the filter . if i remember correctly the cables / conector is in that area
              www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

Originally posted by ianwoodzie
                Well if you lookn at the engine from the bonnet the oil filter is on the left hand side....from the drivers side wheel arch when the wheel is removed you can get to the filter . if i remember correctly the cables / conector is in that area
                Found sensor but terminal conections missing! Made own connection, oil pressure fine...phew. Thanks loads Den.

Comment

Working...
                X