Some faith has been restored.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some faith has been restored.

My 2.4 TD Surf (1992) has just passed it`s MOT first time without any major effort to prepare it. After having a new engine installed last year I have had a battle and a half trying to convince my wife that it was a worthwhile purchase. Anyone having the usual head problems should stick with it and keep the beast on the road, as the smile has now returned on my face. Dont mean to gloat about my MOT, and I hope I`m not tempting fate here, but I just thought some good news was needed on this site for a change. P.S why do I need an MOT if it`s quite capable of driving over the fields??????

Originally posted by chasharman
    My 2.4 TD Surf (1992) has just passed it`s MOT first time without any major effort to prepare it. After having a new engine installed last year I have had a battle and a half trying to convince my wife that it was a worthwhile purchase. Anyone having the usual head problems should stick with it and keep the beast on the road, as the smile has now returned on my face. Dont mean to gloat about my MOT, and I hope I`m not tempting fate here, but I just thought some good news was needed on this site for a change. P.S why do I need an MOT if it`s quite capable of driving over the fields??????

Many do pass first time, mine was 14 years old and passed both MOT's first time in the two years i had it. As you say stick with it, once its sorted its happy surfing all the way
    Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
    My choice
    Back off

Comment

Nice one,

I have had the fanbelt tensioner sheer,back window motor break and cylinder head and thermostat go.
      Not nice at the time but now all rectified the car drives and performs like new.
      It has sailed throught the 2 MOT's i've put it through and does everything i ask of it with ease.

Stick with it.

Paul
      French fishing at it's best www.mayennefishing.com

Comment

I bought mine with no MOT but it flew through with only new wiper blades
        What a car
        Tim
        Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Since buying mine the electric mirrors, sunroof, 4wd, turbo and thermostat have all packed up. She is using water, blowing black smoke, seriously underpowered and has over heated three times. I wish my faith could be restored, but since ive only had it a few weeks, im not very impressed.

Comment

Working...
          X