Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cylinder head breather pipe

Hi all again,

I forgot to mention on my other post that the breather pipe that comes from the head to the turbo intake pipe seems to accumulate oil near the junction point of the two. Is this normal?

Cheers

It is after a while, clean it out and see how long it takes to get oily again. Its probably not been cleaned for 10 years.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

It took about two months to get like that....

Comment

Thats the breather pipe.
        There is no advantage having all that cack sent down your engine.
        I leave mine connected for trotting around town and as soon as I am ready for the open roads I pull off the front end and hook it to a hose I have running down near the gearbox to vent to atmosphere.
        Simon.O.
        '90 SSR Ltd 2.4TD 5 spd

Comment

Hi,

Is that ok? to connect the breather pipe down to a hose like that? It makes no difference? Why exactly does the breather pipe connect to the air intake? Anyone knows?

Cheers

Comment

Yep. It is an enviromental/emmision type rule. You can either leave it be or vent to atmos' (some people on turbo cars vent to a collection tank) or buy one of those little piperX breather filter type things that look like a mini induction kit. A little bit of oil is normal.

Comment

Is it not bad then to have that oily air going back through the turbo and into the engine? I would have thought that we wouldn t want contaminated air going into the engine after the air filter...

Comment

Working...
              X