for the mechanical minded!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• for the mechanical minded!

ive got a 92 ssr-g with engine trouble that i want rid of, had the head changed but theres still something wrong with the bottom half of the engine. i cant be bothered to pay out any more on it so its being sold as a going concern. its a great car and i only had it for 2 months before the head went. 53k on it, fully loaded, recaro intereior, chrome pack, winter pack, cd changer, aftermarket alloys 32" tyres. all in cherry red over grey. paid £5500 for it in april last year, its been off the road since july and just want to clear my mechanics bill, and i'll let it go.

perfect surf for someone who can do the work themselves.

go on.............you know you want it!
    2nd time unlucky with an import

What are you thinking, £-wise?

Graham
    07770 878239

Comment

i'd be happy with 3k.

Comment

I bet you would!

I had a similar situation with a Pajero last year. I managed to get £3k for that with a dead engine, but it was an £8k car...

Not being funny, but if you need to see that kind of cash back, you're better off fixing it.

Comment

thats too much mate IMO
          Tim
          Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

well what do you recommend? i was hedging my bets with that price, i know, but in truth, i'm open to offers. i need rid.

Comment

Any idea whats wrong with it??

Comment

it had the new head fitted and it still wasnt running right so the mechanic sent it to toyota to check for a fuelling fault and they took it apart and tested it and said that the bottom part of the engine was warped. basically i got sold a complete sh*t heap. the mechanic who has the car said the lower engine part comes to about £1200 plus fitting. i cant afford it and cant be bothered.

Comment

if you want to keep it. i would phone the aa for personal cover and you can cover any car for repairs upto a certain amount of money it may cost 400 quid say then sell it and get more cash for the motor?
                  i hope that helps
                  [I]THE CAR IN FRONT[/I] of me is being driven by a ####

Comment

Working...
                  X