No announcement yet.

Turbo or injector troubles?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The 2-lt is a conventional fuel pump, whereas the 2-lte is electronically controlled injection. The easiest way to tell is the 2-lte has "efi" printed on the pipe between the turbo and inlet manifold.
    You can take my 4x4 from me when you prize the keys from my cold, dead hand.

Comment

Ok I see. Mine just says turbo in red on the pipe, so I presume its a 2LT. Are the electronic pump engines better power wise? I presume that means you can fit tuning boxes to them.

Comment

I would have thought a '92 would have been a 2-lte, I would double check by looking at the data plate or fuel pump. Power wise I couldn't tell you, I've not driven a 2-lt. Mine was pretty poor on performance (2-lte) until I recently fitted an upgrade box. They are like rocking horse s***e to find, but I found a supply at www.dieselbob.co.uk . It made a hell of a difference, and will improve again when I get my injectors upgraded.
        You can take my 4x4 from me when you prize the keys from my cold, dead hand.

Comment

Ive been offered a set of reconditioned injectors for £160. Does this sound like a good price?

Comment

I think UK Cylinderheads do them for £70

Comment

You said there is a lack of power - does the turbo feel like it's spooling up? Can you hear it?

Comment

Yes, most of the time it boosts, but feels restricted somehow as if the shaft isnt free to spin and it isnt getting enough boost. When this happens she blows black smoke (not loads but more than it should). I also noticed that sometimes the turbo will not spool up even at 2500 and full throttle, this only ever happens in third gear which is strange.
                What should it be boosting at? Im guessing half a bar? Im going to stick my boost gauge in this week so, ill know whats happening with the boost. Thought it in my best interests to get a recon set of injectors anyway, since theres a fair few miles on her. If that doesnt cure her, ill get a new turbo. Also going to intercool it and up the turbo boost a tad.

Comment

about right mate - on full chat in say second mine will boost around 0.65-0.7 bar
                  Tim
                  Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Working...
                  X