rear wiper blade?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rear wiper blade?

How do i change the rear wiper on my surf it looks like it is held on with 2 screws its a 91 narrow body if thats any help?????

Most good motor factors will have the right bits to replace it, and the really good ones even fit it for you if you tell them you are not sure how to do it.
    If it aint broke...........give it some more abuse!!!!!!!!
    I gave it some abuse.................and it broke!!!!!!!

Comment

Tried that but eaven toyota main dealer didnt know how, mind you the parts guy looked pretty stupid and thought it was a landcruiser. Thanks anyway

Comment

Originally posted by mr dog
        Tried that but eaven toyota main dealer didnt know how, mind you the parts guy looked pretty stupid and thought it was a landcruiser. Thanks anyway

Halfrauds do a kit, I think it was for imports with similar fitment, allows you to change the whole arm.
        I assume the whole thing is busted, if not you can just change the blade
        Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
        My choice
        Back off

Comment

no its just the blade thats nackered looks like i will go with new rubber only thanxs

Comment

Originally posted by mr dog
            no its just the blade thats nackered looks like i will go with new rubber only thanxs

You can get the wiper in Halfords, check for 4-runner rear window and get that blade, then its a slight mod to get get in on. I took the wiper I had on, apart and used the bits from that to attach to 4-runner wiper blade. It works fine and goes back to the rubber seat after its finished.

Comment

You can buy just the rubber blade from Halfords just cut to lenght and it slide in as a direct replacement cheaper than a
              new arm.
              GOT NO COWBOYS HERE?

Comment

rear wiper

I had a similar problem with mine. The damn thing refused to do a clean sweep of the rear window.. seems that because it spends so much time parked up on the stop the pin tends to seize up slightly and no matter how much wd40 you use it will not stay free enough.So i ground off the pivot pin knocked it out and fitted a slightly smaller stainless bolt ..end of problem!

Comment

I changed just the rubber on mine, now the blade only makes contact and wipes approx a 1" arc over the screen.

I wish i had never touched the damn thing.
                  [IMG][URL=http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a167/s

Comment

Went to Halfords they did'nt stock the conversion kit(was on thier computer)
                    So bought the rubber replacement pack
                    You have to cut it down to size but it works great!!
                    You need to look at the blade and you will have a bump in the rubber
                    Cheers
                    Mark
                    Ps £15 new arm or £5 for two rubbers and 5 mins to fit

Comment

Working...
                    X