Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air condition problem?

Hi all,

My aircondition stops cooling from time to time and the light of the aircondition button starts blinking, has anyone had that problem?
    When I turn it off and back on it starts working again. Anyone know what that could be?

Possibly due to low gas level, the aircon senses when the gas level is low and turns itself off, maybe its just on the brink of being too low and cant make its mind up.Last time i re-gassed an aircon system it cost about £75 so please get a second opinion before you part with your money.
    If it aint broke...........give it some more abuse!!!!!!!!
    I gave it some abuse.................and it broke!!!!!!!

Comment

If yours is the same as mine with the A/C radiator under the engine check to see if the fans are blocked with mud. After Pingewood mine got so full of mud that they wouldn't turn and the light inside would just flash.
      Gone from 4x4 to 1x2

Comment

i had the flashing light the other week - where are the fans so I can de-gunk it all. Thanks
        Tim
        Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Originally posted by dirtydog
          i had the flashing light the other week - where are the fans so I can de-gunk it all. Thanks
          If yours is an Auto then under the engine there is a radiator and the two fans are on top. If it is a manual then the radiator is in front of the main radiator and has one electric fan in front of it.

I had the same problem. It was dirt on the Fans and radiator. The system has an overheat sensor somewhere and if the fans don't come on then the system shuts down as it can't cool the refrigerant enough with just airflow generally. Mine worked fine if I was tanking up the motorway but if slowed by traffic it shut off and the light blinked.

Cheers

Comment

sounds like my problem - washing it today anyway so will take extra care underneath, I have spotted the fans before so thanks Lucky
            Tim
            Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Thanks. I think that was it, I had not washed the bottom and engine after off road driving and it was full of sand and mud.

Comment

Working...
              X